Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two. More. Weeks.

.......of school! Come on Essy I Can Do This!!!!!! I'm behind in some areas sadly but I shall not lose hope!! I had a hot then freezing cold shower to wake myself up this morning. And made myself a mocha drink. Now I'm really whizzing. Well, I'm trying to, at least. (Bangs head on desk and stares into space, dreaming about summer, for a moment or two.)

Last Sunday we went to the lake for the first time this year! I was just going to sun bathe as the water was freezing. But apparently I had to water bathe. (wait, what?) Some people, won't mention any names, made me go swimming.  In fact, they threatened me. One of them is almost as strong as me and the other is stronger and taller. What could I do? So I spent 5 minutes inching into the water and went up to my neck.

I have a little book called "Have a Good Day" that contains a quote for every day of the year from the writings of St Padre Pio.  Each day it's awesome and inspiring. Today's quote:
"Do not be at all surprised at your weakness, but acknowledge what you are, and blush at your infidelity towards God, then confide in Him and abandon yourself tranquilly in the arms of the Heavenly Father, like a child in the arms of its mother."

1 comment: