Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happiness

In the midst of studying and freaking out about provincial exams, I have to say I am terribly happy. On my breaks, I like to read little sections in random books, jump on the trampoline, run around re-arranging my room while listening to good music really loudly, talk about all sorts of things with my mom and sister, watch sections of the special video my dad is making of our trip-- it's the life. I am so happy. I told my mom the other day that I often feel too blessed.. there are so many who suffer in this world. She told me though, that I will most-likely suffer in the future.. and I should enjoy the minimal amount of suffering I have while it lasts.. even St Pio said that. It also means however that I need to give myself to the needs of others who suffer because that will bring me true happiness.... Okay. Cool. I need to do that much more. It's easier for me to say that than actually do it. I need to put all my words in action more! And if I have to suffer greatly one day, I sure hope I have enough courage and inner faith, hope, and love for God to embrace my suffering and offer it up for others. All in the attitude. I think that some kinds of suffering are not even suffering really, with the right attitude. That might sound weird but let me explain. When I am feeling sick, am worrying too much, feeling hurt, or am in a lot of pain, I try to remember how Jesus suffered so much on the cross. It makes the feeling of suffering go way down until in a way, it's not really suffering anymore. Although it's not like I have a lot of experience at all with the subject so some might say I don't really have a right to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment